We are looking for an IT Manager to join the team!
The IT Manager will oversee a professional IT team who are responsible for technology services across our UK and Ireland locations. Reporting directly to the Director of Technology the IT manager will play a crucial role in aligning and delivering the technology strategy for Sysmex UK & Ireland.
Lead and manage the Internal IT team, providing immediate line responsibility for their performance and development.
Act as management continuity for the Product IT team in the absence of the Director of Technology, and Product IT Manager.
Work closely with the Product IT Manager to ensure that technology services align with service delivery, security, and compliance requirements.
Maintain and uphold current security standards, including ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials+. Continuously strive for technological improvements and operational efficiencies within the department and throughout the organisation. This will include the technical remediations that fall within this area, and forming part of the core audit teams to ensure ongoing compliance.
Collaborate with the Director of Technology to develop and maintain processes and service quality, fostering agile and efficient technology services in coordination with the Sysmex EMEA regions.
Handle complex, confidential, and high-pressure problems while maintaining consistently high standards of work.
Utilise SLAs with the IT services to ensure IT service delivery for Sysmex UK & Ireland is constantly improving.
Maintain, and develop IT policy and procedure to ensure best practices are constantly adhered to within the team, and external compliance demands are met.
Represent the positive values of Sysmex in all aspects of professional and personal life, promoting an approachable and supportive demeanour.
- BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, COMPUTER SCIENCE, OR A RELATED FIELD
- ITIL AWARENESS / CERTIFICATIONS
- PROVEN TRACK RECORD OF MANAGING IT STAFF AND OVERSEEING COMPLEX PROJECTS
- STRONG TECHNICAL UNDERSTANDING OF HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, NETWORKING, AND CYBERSECURITY
- EXCELLENT LEADERSHIP AND TEAM MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- STRONG PROBLEM-SOLVING CAPABILITIES
- EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS, BOTH WRITTEN AND VERBAL.
- FAMILIARITY WITH CURRENT WINDOWS (AND WINDOWS SERVER) OPERATING SYSTEMS AND PLATFORMS.
- UNDERSTANDING OF IT GOVERNANCE AND COMPLIANCE, INCLUDING GDPR.
- KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT TECHNOLOGY TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICES.
- STRONG ORGANISATIONAL SKILLS AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL
This role is eligible for our extensive company benefit package, including the provision of hybrid working! Please note: Hybrid working will commence after your probation period has been successfully completed.
All applicants will need to be available on 3rd November 2023 to attend the assessment day.