We are looking for a Field Service Engineer to join the team!
Due to an internal promotion, we have the opportunity to recruit for a Field Service Engineer for the South.
This role will be a permanent position primarily aimed at supporting our customers in South Wales and the Southwest, supporting the greater service team where necessary.
The successful candidate will ideally be based along the M5 between Bristol and Taunton. We will accept applications from engineers based within the area highlighted on the map.
With a focus on South Wales and the Southwest the successful candidate will be trained on all core equipment as well as the full 3D Histech suite of products. Key aspects of the role include the provision of an efficient and effective repair service, communicating with customers, peers, and management effectively, undergoing relevant technical and product training, as well as the completing all administrative duties as required and in line with the role and maintaining company property to a high standard.
Field Service Engineer South
- To provide effective repair service through achieving company KPIs, such as first-time fix rate and mean time between failures
- To achieve the Company’s KPI for PMIs and implementation of ECRs and TBs
- To build and maintain relationships with customers to provide exemplary customer support
- To identify, complete and resolve any issues which occur on site, to reduce downtime for our customers during busy periods
- To maintain detailed and accurate records for all work completed on sites, to ensure consistent records across the company
- To support on installations
Essential requirements for this role:
- Must hold a full driver’s license.
- Experience in a similar engineering role.
- HND (HNC with relevant experience) or equivalent in electronic and mechanical engineering.
- Knowledge of Hydraulic and pneumatic principles
- Exceptional Fault-Finding Skills
- The ability to read and understand technical diagrams.
- Customer focused – should strive to exceed customer requirements.
- Good and effective written and verbal communicator.
- Job flexibility & willingness to travel – support of peers and juniors throughout the UK, Ireland and Northern Ireland may be required.
- Good working knowledge in MS Windows.
- General knowledge in MS Office products, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- An HNC/HND or NVQ 3 with 3 years’ experience within an engineering field
- Technical fault-finding skills
- Knowledge on hydraulic and pneumatic principles
- Full clean driving licence
- Customer focussed, with the ability to provide effective and concise written and verbal communication
- Job flexibility and willing to travel to support peers throughout the UK
This role is eligible for our extensive company benefit package.
Only include if applicable: Field based.
All applicants will need to be available to attend the assessment day which will be in December 2023, date to be confirmed.